Recommend taking 2 daily with plenty of water.
Mullein’s gentle nature makes it one of the very best herbs for use with children’s health problems. It is considered the herb of choice for respiratory problems and pulmonary diseases. Health benefits include:
- It has a history of use that focuses on respiratory ailments. It has traditionally been used to treat coughs, colds, croup, bronchitis, allergies, whooping cough, and asthma.
- It contains mucilaginous compounds that decrease the thickness of mucosal fluids, and also increase the production. This helps to loosen mucus, and expel it out of the body. It is a wonderful expectorant.
- Calms spasms and helps reduce swelling of the glandular system.
- Has great anti-inflammatory properties that make it a good treatment for skin conditions such as ulcers, hemorrhoids, eczema, acne, and others. It helps to soothe inflamed tissues.
- Contains aromatic compounds that increase the flow of urine.
- Flowers and seeds contain an essential oil that is used to treat earaches.
- Great as a general pain reliever.
- Great to use as a mild sedative.
Nutritional Benefits of Mullein Leaf
- High in iron, magnesium, potassium, and sulphur.
How to Use Mullein Leaf
- When making teas, be sure and strain with a tea towel, cotton shirt, or muslin bag. You want to remove the potentially irritating, hair-like particles.
- Great in tincture combinations or in encapsulated form.
Cautions and Side Effects of Mullein Leaf
- Safe during pregnancy, while nursing, and safe for children.
When combined with water, the fiber in mullein produces a slippery substance called mucilage, which coats and soothes the throat and intestine (mullein is traditionally used to treat diarrhea and gastrointestinal upset as well).
There have been no toxic effects associated with mullein, but some people might get an upset stomach when taking this herb.
Expiration Date - Herbs will stay fresh for 18-24 months if stored in a cool, dry, darkened area (away from sunlight).
Disclaimer - The FDA has not evaluated the information on this site. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, or cure. Please consult your healthcare practitioner with any questions. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated the statements regarding our products. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure of prevent any disease. The information on this site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your health care practitioner. Please use our information and products responsibly.
I am not a doctor. I do not answer medical questions of any nature. It is the buyers responsibility to consult the appropriate health care professional before taking any supplement.
Please keep in mind that herbs work differently for different people. Just like caffeine for example. What works well for one person may not work well (or at all) for another.