5 loose leaf tea tubes blends in a black gift box with a padded cushion & 5 tea bags. This item is a perfect tea sample gift set for a loved one as a wedding gift, birthday, anniversary etc.
Burdock root tea
Latin name: Arctium lappa
Health Benefits of Burdock Root
Burdock Root is a superior tonic herb used to prevent and heal illness. It is a great herb for skin conditions and benefits the liver. Health benefits include:
- It is an excellent blood purifier, and eliminates many toxins from the body in this way. It also helps to aid the body in perspiring so as to help release toxins from the body through the skin.
- It is one of the best herbs to use, internally and externally, for chronic skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, ringworm, and even poison ivy.
- Used as a diuretic to help with fluid retention. This also helps with kidney and bladder infections. Can also help eliminate uric acid.
- Helps to restore good bacteria to the body after taking antibiotics.
- Helps advanced cases of arthritis by reducing swelling and helping to break down calcification deposits on joints and knuckles.
- A tea makes a good wash for acne, burns, sores, and swelling.
- Used as a mild laxative.
- Has been said to help repair liver damage, and also to keep liver damage from becoming worse. This could be due to the detoxifying effects of the root.
Nutritional Benefits of Burdock Root
- Rich in phosphorus, manganese, thiamine, potassium, silicon, zinc, chromium, copper, iron, and magnesium. Provides niacin and Vitamin C.
- The root contains trace amounts of organic mercury, making it a good choice for mercury detox formulas.
- Contains dietary fiber.
How to Use Burdock Root
- Can be used in teas or tinctures. Can be used as a powder in encapsulated form.
- When used externally as a tea or a poultice, apply to the skin.
- Can be added to foods, like soups, stir-fries, and other dishes.
- Make a tea to serve as a digestive aid after meals.
Cautions and Side Effects of Burdock Root
- Safe during pregnancy and nursing, and is safe for children.
- Should not be used by people who are taking insulin as it can lower blood sugar levels.
- Can increase diuretic quality of other herbs.
Our unique Love My Liver Herbal Blend is especially designed for liver health! If you have liver issues and need a good detox, or if you just want to help protect this vital organ on a regular basis, this blend is for you! The herbs in this blend were carefully chosen to help cleanse, nourish, and support your liver.
Among other functions, the liver produces bile to break down food into energy, controls fat storage and cholesterol production and release, cleans toxins from the blood, creates essential hormones, metabolizes proteins and carbohydrates, stores vitamins and minerals, and controls enzyme activation.
If you are suffering from chronic fatigue, or just feel tired all the time, as well as foggy headed, your liver likely needs some help. Healthy liver function is essential for energy since it performs so many functions in your body.
The liver is one of the organs most subject to injury and is also the largest organ in your body. Definitely one you want to pamper!
This blend makes a great tasting tea! Most liver herbs are very bitter so we carefully designed this blend to make it palatable so it would be easier to use for a daily tea.
Use this blend to make a tincture for a stronger medicine.