100 % Wildcrafted from the pristine waters of Jamaica which has a high mineral content. Perfect for facials and scrubs.
HOW TO PREPARE FINE SEA MOSS:
1. Wash it like how you would wash rice. Wash it at least 3 times with a strainer or colander to get off the excess sand and salt residue from the sea.
2. Soak in a large bowl and cover it with fresh spring water. Use plenty of water because the sea moss will absorb it. Make the water level 1 inch above the sea moss.
3. Soak for 20 mins to rehydrate. (Jamaican purp doesn’t soak as long as the gold)
4. After it soaks, blend it with a some of the water that it soaked in to preserve nutrients Or you can add a small amount of fresh spring water until it is liquefied. Use immediately in your recipes or refrigerate for future use. It will turn to a gel after a few hours in the fridge.
IMPORTANT!! Please blend fine moss with a very small quantity of water to begin with. If your moss is still gritty, You can always add more water and blend until it gets to the consistency that you prefer.
4. Once it is a smooth texture then refrigerate your purple gel *UNCOVERED* for up to 4 weeks. (Unlike the Gold, the Jamaican Purple Sea Moss must be stored uncovered in order to breathe)
5. Consume 2-4 tablespoons by itself or add the gel to your water, tea, soups, smoothies. You can even wear it topically as a face mask to help clear your skin etc., enjoy!